Earlier known as Personal Home Page, PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a server-side scripting language used for Web development. PHP is one of the fastest growing web development languages. It has more than 240 million websites and 2.1 million web servers. PHP is also known for its well-known websites. Some of the well-known websites developed by using PHP are:
PHP is becoming a very popular as a scripting language due its useful features. Some of these features are:
- PHP is a light weight language.
- PHP is also used for Web designing.
- PHP websites load fast.
- PHP code can be easily used with other languages.
- PHP can also be also used as a general purpose language.
Some of the advantages of using PHP as a web development language are:
- PHP is open source. Thus, to use PHP, no need to pay anything.
- It has wide range of in-built features and functionalities.
- Code written in PHP is easy to understand and readable.
- Most of the platforms, including Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS support PHP.
- Most of the browsers, including Apache, Microsoft IIS, IE, Netscape, Mozilla Firefox support PHP.
- Several DBMSs, including MySQL, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, and SQLite can be used with PHP. The language supports all these databases.
- PHP has multiple security layers, therefore, avoids threats and virus attacks.
- Large amount of online help and documentation is available to ease the development task.
At SourceTech Software, we have PHP experts who understand the core of the language. These experts are capable to utilize the most useful features and functionalities of PHP. They will provide you the most optimized PHP Web development solution as per your business needs.