A CMS (Content Management System) website offers a collection of tools and functionalities to create and manage website’s content with limited knowledge of programming and markup languages. Using a CMS website, you can collaborate and manage documents and publish them on the World Wide Web.
Generally, a CMS website contains:
- Content repository: Stores content and metadata of the website.
- Presentation layer: Refers to the user interface that displays content on Web to the users.
- Server-side caching: Improves the performance of CMS websites by caching the frequently used content.
A CMS website can be managed by a browser-based user interface. Using and managing CMS website does not require any special skill or technical knowledge. A non-technical person can also manage CMS websites with a small training.
Web CMS can be categorized into following types:
- Online: These CMSs generate content on runtime when a user visits to the website. These systems support various add-ons and widgets.
- Offline: These CMSs apply all formatting and process content before publishing it over the Web. These systems also refer as the static content generators.
- Hybrid: Such CMSs contain the features of both, online and offline CMSs.
CMSs are simple and very useful. They are used in various domains including education, corporate training, healthcare, and information technology industry. Some important advantages of CMS websites are:
- Less expensive: CMSs are less expensive. You can also use some freely available CMSs to create and manage your websites.
- Easy to customize: It is easy to customize a CMS according to requirements. These are tools and options available that allow users to customize the website according to the needs.
- Easy to use: You do not require any specific or technical expertise to use CMSs.
- Useful in workflow management: CMSs are widely used for workflow management in various industries. It is helpful to control the process of managing and collaborating content on the Web.
- Helpful in SEO: CMSs are updated frequently. Thus, they are good for SEO purpose.
Some CMSs are open source and freely available. Some of the popular open-source CMSs are:
At SourceTech Software, we have CMSs experts. They can build professional CMS websites for your products and services. We also provide complete support and maintenance for CMS websites at very affordable cost. For any query or suggestion, feel free to contact us. Our e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.